Losing one or more of your teeth creates a gap in your smile, it can affect your speech and your ability to enjoy your favourite foods. Loss of teeth can affect your confidence, your sense of well-being and your oral hygiene can suffer. Also, when a tooth is lost the bone beneath it begins to shrink and this can cause your face to sink a little and make you appear older than you are. Dental implants may be for you if:
- You have a gap through a tooth having been lost, knocked out or extracted
- You have dentures because some or all of your teeth having been removed many years ago
- You have a crown or bridge that keeps giving you problems
- You are suffering with loose teeth through decay and gum problems
- You feel there is little you can do to change your teeth.